Bonneville Salt Flats, Jake Nakos
Land art and contemporary art
in the American West
This summer join Artful on a journey across three cities in the American Southwest, to discover iconic and brand-new works of land art. The journey begins in Salt Lake City, where works like Nancy Holt's Sun Tunnels and Robert Smithson's Spiral Jetty transform the stark desert landscapes. In Denver, we go behind-the-scenes of the thriving local art scene with studio and museum visits and dine at Potager, the city's first farm-to-table restaurant. Artful brings you through the Rocky Mountains and into Santa Fe, where new experiences like Meow Wolf and Charles Ross's Star Axis are on the cutting edge of the art world.
Book your desert pilgrimage with Artful this summer and explore art that defines the West.
Our Land Art Jaunt is estimated at $7,500 per person and includes all transportation, lodging, and meals during your trip. Our trips do not include flights to or from your destination.
- Transportation to remote, picturesque works of Land Art including Robert Smithson's Spiral Jetty and Nancy Holt's Sun Tunnels
- Select museum visits including the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver and the Clyfford Still Museum
- Exclusive visits to major collectors' homes and artist studios
- Unique accommodations in all three cities
- Dining driven by local chefs and sustainable practices
- Guidance from an experienced Art Educator, a dynamic and highly-educated expert in art history, contemporary art education, and art collecting
- Luxury accommodations at a five-star hotel
- Meals and cocktails at exciting and art-connected restaurants
- Transportation to remote icons of land art off the beaten path, such as Nany Holt's Sun Tunnels and Robert Smithson's Spiral Jetty
- Access to Charles Ross' brand new Star Axis beore it opens to the general public.
- Kickoff summit providing historical background on contemporary art in the American West, with an overview of what will be seen
- Exclusive visits to the homes of major collectors
- In-studio experiences with critically-acclaimed and world-renowned contemporary artists
- Enjoy comfortable transportation to remote locations provided by experienced drivers.
- Leadership by an Art Educator, a dynamic and highly-educated expert in art history, contemporary art education, and art collecting
- Meals and cocktails at exciting regional locations in all three cities
- Access to exclusive art locations not open to the public
- The Artful digital dossier, accompanying your visit, with information about all artists, venues, and individuals visited, as well as expert tools and recommendations for further research, travel and collecting
- An expert Artful Advisory team to help guide any interest you may have in purchasing works
Unlock a world of art experiences